The strategic line Economic Sustainability contributes to the national and international valorisation and recognition of the Portuguese wines, through studies that help understand today’s consumer, making use of approaches based on the consumer and social sciences.
This strategic line includes the study of key-practices throughout the design-production-consumption chain that may influence the understood quality and the associated costs to this recognition.
- Analyse the consumer’s preferences underlying the behaviour of buying wine.
- Have a better understanding about the relation between a vine identity and the wine profile being produced.
- Analyse territorial aspects of competitiveness, namely the valuation of the terroir in the quality and commercial value of the Portuguese wines.
- Analyse the economic impact of climate change, namely the costs of labour force, productivity, final quality of the product, among others.
- The economic evaluation of the different production methods (conventional, integrated, biological), including alternatives to the use of phytopharmaceutical products.
Projects being developed in this strategic line:
- VINCI - Vin, Innovation et Compétitivité Internationale
- Taste & Feel Portugal