One of ADVID’s strategic objectives is to boost the transition to a more circular economy, by applying the scientific knowledge to the sector’s technological development and innovation, in order to promote waste reduction and the recovery of generated waste – from the waste water to the viticulture by-products.
The Circular Economy is a strategic concept based on the reducing, reusing, recovering, and recycling of materials and energy. Nowadays, Circular Economy represents one of the main ADVID’s lines of action, by being a key factor to the promotion of a sustainable development and one of the milestones of the European Green Deal.
- Support the transition to a circular economy through R&D&I activities.
- Apply technical and scientific knowledge, in order to reduce waste in the wine value-added chain and accelerate the end of the life cycle of its products or by-products.
- Stimulate the sector’s global competitiveness and a sustainable economic growth.
- Promote the dissociation of economic growth and the increase in the consumption of natural resources.
- Boost the development of solutions for a more circular production – from a greater energetic efficiency to a more efficient reuse of by-products and viticulture waste, such as the use of wastewater for irrigation.
- Raise awareness about the environmental limitations on the extraction of the planet’s resources and raise environmental awareness from consumers and the sector’s main agents.
Projects being developed in this strategic line: